Monday, July 9, 2012

Classroom Economy

One of the big things I'm starting this year is a classroom economy. Because I'll have my students all day, I feel like this will be a good way to give them some responsibility, help keep things running smoothly, and also give some incentives for proper behavior, etc.  I want to keep it easy to manage, so I looked for a way to keep the students information online. MyKidsBank is the best one I found because not only can you give each student an account,

 but also you can create and print out bank notes to give to the kids for any amount.

This makes paying salaries really easy. You can also assign kids as bankers who have access to adding and subtracting money in the other kids accounts. Banker can become one of the classroom jobs for 2-3 students.

Because I like to work smarter not harder, I went onto TPT and found a good classroom economy to use as my base. I bought Ms. Thelen's kit. I'm also using the information Mrs Keller so kindly provides on here website here.

Use your resources wisely because as teachers, we can help each other all succeed!

Have a great day!
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment